Recently the Washington State Office of the Insurance Commissioner (OIC) set dates for initial and annual open enrollment periods for 2018 health plans.
This will be the first open enrollment season in which you can offer Kaiser Permanente Core plans to your I&F clients. While known and respected in other regions of the country, Kaiser Permanente may be unfamiliar to Washington residents. Here are a few key points to let your clients and prospects know about.
Award-winning care and coverage
- Kaiser Permanente’s Medical Group is the highest-ranked medical group in the state for the ninth year in a row. 1
- Our commercial HMO was named the highest-performing health plan in the country by eValue8.2
We work to keep your clients’ cost down*
- We help your clients be well and stay well by screening for issues early. This prevents more serious problems and more expensive care later.
- When care is needed, we rely on evidence-based care that’s proven to be effective and efficient.
- The more your clients use Kaiser Permanente doctors and facilities, the lower their total cost of care will be over time.
We advocate for your clients
- Your clients’ personal physicians will advocate for their health and coordinate all their care with other providers within the Kaiser Permanente system. *
- Your clients will share in any decision making concerning their treatment.
Care that’s coordinated and connected
- Doctors, nurses, specialists, and pharmacists all have access to a patient’s electronic medical records. * Redundant tests and drug interactions are avoided, saving your clients time and money.
Your clients have a choice of doctors
Our Core network features:
- More than 1,000 clinicians at 25 Kaiser Permanente medical offices.3
- More than 9,000 contracted providers, including 49 hospitals.3
- Specialists in more than 60 disciplines, from cardiology to oncology.
We’ve integrated care and convenience
- At our medical offices, doctor visits, X-rays, lab tests, and prescriptions can typically be received all under one roof.
- Members can visit their doctors, or access care online, through email*, by phone*, or at walk-in clinics.
- Care and coverage questions are handled by the same organization. *
We’re here to help
For more information, check out our complete Value Story. Also, let us know if you have questions or need help. We want to help your open enrollment season be the most successful yet. Contact your Sales Executive or call us at 1-800-358-8815.
*Available when members receive care at Kaiser Permanente medical offices
1. Washington Health Alliance, 2016 Community Checkup http://wahealthalliance.org/; Ranking applies to then Group Health Cooperative’s medical group, formerly named Group Health Permanente, P.C. and now named Washington Permanente Medical Group, P.C.
2. Kaiser Foundation Health Plan of Washington’s (formerly named Group Health Cooperative) commercial HMO rated the top health plan in the United States in the 2016 eValue8™ survey. Managed by the National Business Coalition on Health, eValue8 is an evidenced-based resource created by business coalitions and employers like Marriott and General Motors to measure and evaluate health plan performance.
3. OIC Provider Network Form A
All plans offered and underwritten by Kaiser Foundation Health Plan of Washington.